How to share Objectives with the Portfolio team
1) If you see this message along the top of the Investment Status screen, you need to enable the option to Update KPI first:
(If this message does not appear, you can skip ahead to step 2)
2) Decide which KPIs you want to count towards the valuation for the company and make a note of the Objectives linked to them (e.g EBITDA, Debt, Multiple Arbitrage etc)
3) From Company > Objectives List, click on the orange "Update KPI" button on the top right to go to the KPI List.
Click + Add
Use the tick boxes on the left hand side to select the Objectives and click Add:
Note: Objectives which do not have KPIs published will not show in the list and if the objective is already included on the KPI List screen the name will show with a strikethrough.
Now the Objectives have been shared with the Portfolio team, you can build your Valuation Formula.
Building your Valuation Formula
1) Check the Objectives you have decided to use appear in the Portfolio > Portfolio Summary > Investment Status > KPI List screen.
If any Objectives are missing, you need to go back to the Company > KPI List screen and make sure they are included.
2) Go to the Investment Status > Investment tab.
Click on the Update Valuation Formula button on the top left of the screen:
In the pop up window you can now build your Valuation Formula
Click the + Add KPI button to create a new row.
Select an Objective from the KPI drop down list.
Select the measurement (Current Period - CP, Last 12 Months - LTM or Year To Date - YTD).
Add a reference e.g. Debt, Sales etc, as a quick reference to the KPI target being used.
Use your references to build your Formula
Click OK once you are happy with the Formula configured.
Note: If you have entered a formula which is based on measurements from the Last 12 months / Year to date, you may need to enter historical data for the calculation to work.
View the Objective Details and change the financial year using the drop down box on the top right of the screen:
Then click Update Result and enter the actual results as required so they can be applied in your Valuation Formula.
If you do not have any results to enter, make sure the correct financial year is selected and use the Configure Tracker button.